Alliance staff have a wealth of experience in this specialist arena and importers utilising the Group’s sea freight import services enjoy the following benefits:
- On-line consignment tracking (ASL-TRAK©)
- Door to door services, providing our customers full visibility and control of their shipments
- Purchase order management
- H.M.R.C. duty deferment facilities.
- Consultancy on all customs related matters i.e. import licensing regulations, quota requirements, duty drawback, transhipments, G.S.P./I.S.P./I.P.R./O.P.R. procedures etc.
- Dedicated import staff and account managers assigned to clients
Benefits to our customers:
Competitive freight rates and U.K. handling charges at destination.
Low or non-existent rent/demurrage charges.
Speedy customs clearance at point of entry.
Seamless door to door service from pick up at shipment point through to delivery to U.K. client’s premises.
Accurate H.M.R.C. tariff interpretation for duty purposes to guarantee the correct ad-valorem rates of import duty are applied to the inbound commodity.
D.T.I. at all key arrival points.
Accurate customs entry work, avoiding prohibitive duty rates and often avoidable punitive storage charges
On-site staff attendance as required at port of arrival/in-house in client’s premises.
Highly experienced staff at all group offices catering for and understanding the needs of the extensive Alliance customer base
Full Container Load and Consolidation Services
In conjunction with its long established overseas network of reciprocating partners Alliance operates its own dedicated weekly seafreight inbound full container load (FCL) and groupage services (LCL) from the following areas:-
- East Africa
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa